10 Best Leaf Blowers & Vacuums 2017 – Buyers Guide
Thinking about making your life a little easier by buying a new leaf blower? Once those golden autumn leaves start falling, putting the rake to the task can be back breaking as well as time consuming. A leaf blower can help to make that task easy and dare I say a little more fun.
Picking the right leaf blower for you
There are a few things to consider before buying your new leaf blower:
- What are you going to use the leaf blower for.
- How do you want to hold the leaf blower.
Choosing the right power of leaf blower
So the first thing to look at is how are going to use your leaf blower, you may want to use a leaf blower to help gather excess clippings after mowing the lawn, or you wish to blow debris away from entrance stairs, decks, and porches. Or you may be a professional looking to purchase a leaf blower to maintain several lawns. There are three main types of power for your leaf blower:
Gas powered leaf blowers
- This is generally the most powerful.
- Useful for large areas.
- Cordless allowing you to roam free.
Electric powered leaf blowers
- More environmentally friendly.
- Generally best for smaller areas .
- Range limited by location of the electrical outlet and the length of your extension cable.
Battery powered leaf blowers
- Usually less powerful than the other two.
- Generally lighter in weight and much more portable.
Finding the right style of blower
The style of blower can also be a factor in your decision, with a handheld blower being easy to use in a small space, but over a larger area could be quite tiring. There are 3 main styles for leaf blowers:
- Sufficient intensity for the average lawn
Backpack leaf blower
- These are most commonly used by professionals
- Maintaining multiple lawns
- In general these are gas powered
Wheeled walk-behind gas blower
- Recommended for professional use or for people who have back problems
Some leaf blowers can come with vacuum functionality, these can be helpful when maintaining your lawn, backyard or driveway as you can pick up debris with the vacuum rather than having to bend down.
Top 10 Leaf Blowers reviewed
Pull starts are a breeze with the Reminton RM2BV blower, both blower and vacuum functions have been incorporated into this lightweight design.
The translucent fuel tank helps you to identify when fuel is running low and cruise control provides you with ease of use.
- Blower and vacuum functionality.
- Max air velocity: 205 (miles/Hour).
- 10:1 debris reduction ratio.
- Large capacity vacuum bag.
- Vacuum kit included.
- 2 cycle oil included
- 2 year limited warranty.
Rating: (3.7 / 5)
The only backpack blower on the list is the Troy-Bilt 4-Cycle TB4BP EC.
The backpack sits comfortably on between your shoulders and hips with the straps being designed to evenly distrubute the weight of the backpack blower so you can effortless get on with though outdoor cleaning tasks.
Handy for blowing leaves from your 20 foot drive, or are a lawn mower clean up although maybe not for anything heavy duty.
- Max. air velocity: 150 mph
- Even weight distribution allowing it to sit with comfort between shoulders and hips
- Backpack design and padded hip belt for reduced operator fatigue;
- 2 year manufacturers warranty
Starting off out list is the company and ergonmically designed Makita – XBU01Z 8V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36V) Cordless Blower. The blower is simple to use and with two speed settings.
It is worth noting that this blower does not come with the battery or charger included, however, it is possible to purchase the blower with the charger and batteries included at a greater price.
- Delivers up to 28 minutes of run time using two 5.0Ah 18V LXT batteries on highest speed setting
- Max. air velocity: 208 (Miles/hour)
- 2-speed (Low: 10,000 RPM, High: 17,000 RPM)
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries
- 3 year warranty
Company: Snow Joe
This blower from Snow Joe is light and easy to manoeuvre, its lightweight design belies the fact that this is a surprisingly powerful blower.
Capable of blowing leaves and dirt off pavement and asphalt, as well as those lighter household duties such as blowing clean your patio, sidewalk, decking or garage.
With a whopping 56 minutes running time, this blower can handle most of your needs.
Note that there is also a 4.0 Amp battery option available as well as a without battery option.
- Combines a blower/vacuum and mulcher into one design
- Includes 16 gallon vacuum bag
- Max. air velocity: 200 (Miles/hour)
- 17:1 reduction ratio
With dual 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion batteries you get 36V to power the XBU02PT rechargeable blower from the reliable Makita.
Fast battery charge times with the 5.0 amp battery charging in 45 minutes and the 2.0 amp batter taking only 25 minutes.
Makita have taken care design a blower which is able to minimize the noise levels from the blower, without losing both air volume or velocity.
- Max. Air velocity: 120Miles/Hour
- 6 speed variable control settings
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries
- Zero emissions
5. EGO Power+ 480 CFM 3-Speed Turbo 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Electric Blower – 2.0Ah Battery and Charger Kit
Company: EGO Power+
The EGO POWER+ Blower provides industry leading power in the form of a rechargeable battery powered blower. With a well balanced a lightweight feel, it is easy to use.
Highly efficient in clearing of leaves, pine needles, dirt and debris from your property in the fall and even blowing away from walks and drives in the winter.
- Has a long 1 hour run time on the lowest setting.
- 2.0 amp EGO POWER+ battery.
- Battery is compatible with all EGO POWER+ products and chargers.
- 5 year limited warranty.
- 3 year limited warrant on EGO POWER+ battery packs and chargers.
4. Makita XBU02PTX1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Blower Kit & Brushless Angle Grinder (5.0 Ah)
Delivering up to 29 minutes of run time on dial setting 3 (of 6 speeds) is the Makita XBU02PTX1. Makita is continuing to roll out more and more high quality cordless blowers and the Makita XBU02PTX1 is no exception.
Included when purchasing this blower are two fast charging 18V LXT batteries, these together with Makita’s efficient BL Brushless motor allow for a longer running time per battery charge.
- Max airvelocity: 120 Miles/Hour
- 6 speed options, controlled via trigger
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries
- Cheap to maintain as no need for gas or oil
- 18V Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger included
If you want to get serious about cleaning your lawn, pathways, drive absolutely anything then this blower is for you.
Created by Makita for commercial duties is the exceptional Makita BHX2500CA. No need to pull out the extension cord and plug into the wall for great blowing power, with this cordless wonder.
Easy to start, simply prime bulb 4-5 times, lift red choke up, pull once or twice, push choke down, and you’re ready to go.
- 24.5 cc 4-stroke commercial duty engine
- Noise reduced due to large capacity muffler
- Compact design with less weight (only 9.8 lbs.)
- Replaceable dual stage air filter
- Soft grip for less vibration, and convenient
- Cruise control lever
- Includes long and round end nozzle
- Toolkit included
- Fuel efficient 4-stroke engine
- Lightweight: 9.8 lbs
- Warranty: Emissions related parts (2 years), Other parts (1 year)
2. WORX 32-Volt AIR Multi-Purpose Blower/Sweeper/Cleaner with 120 MPH / 80 CFM Output, 4 lb. Weight, with 8 Attachments – WG575.1
With an average run time of 20 minutes this handly little blower from WORX is perfect for those small tasks.
You could use it to replace your broom, cleaning up your garage or decking, easily allowing you to clean in and around patio furniture. With 8 attachments to help get the very best out of this blower.
- Max air velocitry: 120 mph air speed
- Includes 8 attachments
- 32-Volt MaxLithium Battery
1. WORX TURBINE 56V Cordless Blower with Brushless Motor, 125 MPH and 465 CFM Output with TURBO Boost and Variable Speed – WG591
Taking the number one spot is the lightweight yet powerful, WORX WG591 TURBINE 56-Volt Cordless Blower.
The variable blower speed can be easily changed using one hand, due to the well placed speed control dial.
Allowing you to effortlessly switch between tasks from a gentle clean up or your decking or garage to clearing out the backyard, blowing away that heap of leaves.
- Lightweight at : 8.1 lbs
- One handed speed control dial
- 56V MaxLithium battery
- Available with or without battery and charger