Nasturtium and Basil Summer Salad
Nasturtium flowers are more than just beautiful, they are delicious! They have a wonderful spicy, peppery flavor, a little like a radish, only sweeter and tangier. After growing these lovely flowers in your garden you can enjoy the fruits of your labour by making this light and refreshing summer salad.
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup nasturtium leaves
- 7 cups baby salad greens
- 4 ripe plums, seeded and quartered
- 12 nasturtium blossoms
Baking and Spices
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Nuts and seeds
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- 1/3 (+2 tablespoons) cups lemon vinaigrette
- Place the basil, nasturtium leaves, and salad greens into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over salad mix.
- Pour 1/3 cup vinaigrette over salad whilst gently tossing.
- Divide the salad between 4 salad plates, topping with plum quarters and pecans.
- Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over salads.
- Top each plate with 3 nasturtium blossoms.